FAO Schwarz was founded 150 years ago to create a magical place where kids of all ages can go to explore and dream. With the new flagship store re-launch in November 2018, FAO Schwarz allows customers to once again reignite that idea.
The renowned experience in its new location at Rockefeller Plaza was conceptualized by FAO Schwarz to be fully interactive, rooted in both nostalgia and forward-thinking applications. The new store embraces modern mobile technology from Apple and Teamwork Retail to create an interactive experience for customers, and to empower and enable associates.
When building out the new experience, the team had several requirements:
- Powerful, reliable devices that can serve customers anywhere in the store
- Instantly familiar user interface so guests can easily create their dream toys
- Devices that are secure and always up-to-date
- A robust and easy-to-use development platform to enable FAO Schwarz to create their own apps for distinct shopping experiences like RC Raceway and Baby Doll Adoption
- A robust retail solution that could easily be managed
- Devices that retain their usefulness and value over time
For all these reasons, FAO Schwarz chose Apple as the best fit for its business.
The key to successful brick and mortar stores today is delighting customers and staying current with the technology landscape.
A store is the perfect place to focus completely on and entertain the customer so they can enjoy themselves. It’s a place for a brand to make an impression that keeps customers coming back and wanting more.
FAO Schwarz has made this a priority and its triumphant return, with their magnificent customer experience, is a showcase for the evolution of retail.